Heather Bauer invited Tony Magwood and Jody Britt with the DOT to speak:
- In the next couple of months they will be closing down a section of I-77 for repairs:
- They will have signs and notices up at least 15 days in advance, the tentative start date is in March.
- A 24/7 team of 12 crews and contractors will have approximately 216 hours to complete the job. To prevent delays, they will close each section for 9 days, separately for north and south bound.
- The area closed will be the section of I-77 from I-26 to Bluff Rd.
- There are a couple of paving projects in Rosewood as well, but the contracts have not been awarded yet. We will get more info on those soon.
- Community officer Boyd was in a training class so Captain Blendowski gave us some updates.
- The viral video of how to steal Kia’s is still being shared. PLEASE remember to keep your cars locked and all items out of site and secured.
- There have been 555 citations from August through Current as of the meeting in the Rosewood area.
- There have been some property thefts in the area, most have been through the rear entry of the home, behind a privacy fence.
- Please continue to utilize the online form for property checks if you are out of town, and be sure to keep valuables secure.
City/County Council Updates:
- Will Brennan let us know the County Council meeting will take place in the 1st week of February.
- They will also announce a public meeting soon to discuss the proposal to remove some trees at the airport to comply with FAA Regulations.
- We had a wonderful turn out for the MLK Day Project Day!
- 45 people came out to help along the nature trail.
- This is the highest turnout numbers since pre-Covid.
- February 18th will be the Mardi Gras Parade- be on the lookout for events on Facebook!
- Our next meeting will be in April, we are hoping to have it at the Airport Meeting room.